Ph.D. Position Available at Tsinghua University - Siemens China Scholarship
I. About the Ph.D. position:
There is a Ph.D. position available at the School of Software, Tsinghua University. The PhD student is expected to work in the area of “Passive Communication for Industrial IoT”, which potentially includes both analytical and experimental work in the following aspects:
1) Hardware and software design of passive wireless nodes;
2) Energy harvesting from RF signals;
3) Ultra-Low-Power (or Zero-Power) sensing and perception;
4) Passive communication and the corresponding protocol stack design;
5) Alternative air interfaces for passive or ultra-low-power wireless communication;
6) Investigation of ultra-high-latency support in industrial IoT systems;
II. About the Scholarship
The Siemens China Scholarship at Tsinghua University is a full scholarship offered by Siemens Ltd., China, Corporate Technology. to support outstanding international students to pursue Ph.D. degrees. The Scholarship recipients will cooperate with Siemens to conduct research in the Ph.D. stage. Through the study and practice in the forefront of industrial technology development, the scholarship recipients will lay the foundation for the growth of innovative talents in the industry.
* Contents and Standard of the scholarship:
-- Tuition fees: 40,000 RMB/year;
-- Living allowance (including accommodation, medical insurance, books or other materials and transportation, etc.): 160,000 RMB/year in total.
* The scholarship is awarded to the scholarship recipient for a period of four years in principle; If the Scholarship recipient completes his or her study and gets the degree in advance, the duration of the scholarship for the student shall be shortened accordingly and consistent with the actual study period. The scholarship recipient who has not been able to complete their study due to objective (exceptional) reasons within four years or will reach a better achievement in their research if the length of study is extended for a period of time may apply to extend their length of study sponsored by the scholarship after approval of study extension from the University. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of an annual review of the recipient’s performance.
Applicants for the Scholarship should meet all the following requirements:
1. Meet the requirements of admission for international graduate students (detailed information refer to the Admission to Graduate Programs of Tsinghua University 2019 (For International Students));Click here
2. Must appreciate Siemens Values, and be willing to work together with Siemens to carry out research work;
3. Are not offered other kinds of scholarships for study at Tsinghua University.
IV. How to apply:
The deadline for submitting the application online is March 15, 2019.
Please contact in advance with Prof. Yuan He (email@example.com) with the email title "PhD Student Application - <Name Surname>", and attach your CV and academic transcripts.